August 24, 2012
Our community partners really kicked into gear with their campaign efforts this year, growing participation, building creative events and showing how it can be fun and rewarding to LIVE UNITED! Get more information on how you can start your own workplace campaign!
• San Diego County Office of Education – SDCOE has expanded campaign efforts, scheduling United Way meetings at all major departments – resulting in 30 new donors! Additional special events included a Halloween campaign kickoff, barbeque and food truck event. This group knows that if you make it fun and feed them – they will come!
• Geico – After a big leadership campaign push, we’re pleased to report we now have 33 leadership donors, up from 4 last year. We are proud to partner with such a dynamic, generous bunch of professionals.
• Eli Lilly – At the Eli Lilly kickoff, company leaders and major givers gave testimonials about why they give and what issues they care about in the community. The celebration of community and philanthropy in the Lilly workplace really goes to show generosity and community spirit is a key factor in a successful corporate culture!
• Pfizer – To promote and support their campaign, Pfizer hosted a once-a-week community think table, dubbed Community Think Project, where Pfizer employees were asked how they would want to improve education, income & health in the community. Generating discussion about community issues is the first step in raising awareness and making change happen!
• AT&T – with Communication Workers of America. AT&T hosted their 18th annual Golf Tournament to benefit the United Way! Overall, the company dedicated significant time and energy to educate employees about their community – 30 meetings to be exact!
• Coscto – The team at Costco just finished up their annual United Way/CHAD campaign and held a record number of BBQ’s and fun events at their local stores!
• Nordstrom – ‘Lived United’ by bringing together fashion, fun, and heart. Bring a tissue and your belly laughs because they are a beautiful mix of generosity and community.
• Target – Target has set the pace with an incredible 15% increase in employee giving. Their fast, fun and friendly service extends to more than just their customers…but their community!
• South Bay Community Services – They had a fun "Alien Abduction" event for their campaign, where employees paid to have managers abducted and dropped off in random parts of the area around the office!
• San Diego Unified Port District - The Port hosted their campaign kick-off and this year they did it Luau Style!
Great job to our Campaign Coordinators and Resource Development team!