Building a Stronger Community
The United Way workplace campaign has been called one of the greatest social inventions in American history. Long before the crowd-funding movement, millions of people maximized their employer’s offering of donating through payroll deduction. Still seen as one of the most convenient ways to give back, over 70 million employees each year take advantage of this offering and give back to and through their local United Way.
While this offering is great for employees to give back to their local communities, the value to employers is even greater. Partnering with United Way to provide employees with a vehicle to give back increases company morale and engagement while amplifying your company’s impact on the communities where your employees live and work.
Your partnership with United Way enables your company to offer year-round opportunities to your employees that complement their campaign contributions while also meeting your corporate social responsibility goals.
All the money raised helps San Diego neighborhoods and residents only – so you’re not only making a local impact but also building a stronger San Diego!
Start a Campaign
For company CEOs, presidents and human resource directors, getting a set up with a workplace giving campaign is easy. Simply contact Jim Woods, Vice President of Corporate Relations.
A United Way staff member will help you:
- Run the program
- Recruit a winning team of volunteers to market the campaign to fellow employees
- Keep your investment of resources to a minimum
Contact Jim Today
We’ve prepared everything you need for a successful campaign! Don’t reinvent the wheel – take advantage of resources from our long history of effective workplace campaigns.
Benefits of Running a Campaign
There are so many benefits that participating in a United Way of San Diego County workplace giving campaign provides to your company and your employees.
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to the community
- Give your employees an easy way to support their community
- Improve employee morale and retention
- Associate with a widely recognized and effective nonprofit leader
- Establish a relationship with a single fundraising organization—once a year—with the convenience of payroll deduction
- Take advantage of online giving options