File your taxes for free!
If you make $60,000 or less in San Diego County, you may qualify for free tax filing assistance.
The San Diego County Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Coalition helped 41,375 San Diegans file their taxes for free last year
- $38+ MILLION IN FEDERAL AND STATE REFUNDS
- $9+ MILLION IN FEDERAL EITC CLAIMED
- $2.7 MILLION SAVED IN TAX PREPARATION FEES
Who is Eligible?
Individuals/families in San Diego County, including undocumented ITIN tax filers, earning:
may qualify for free tax filing assistance + federal tax credits
may qualify for additional state tax credits
What to Bring
How to File
Filing your taxes is easy and free!
- Call 2-1-1 to see if you qualify and to make an appointment.
- In-person and virtual online tax assistance is available.
- Tax filing assistance is available in multiple languages.
- Visit myfreetaxes.org to file your own taxes online for free.
Don’t Miss Out
Receive free tax filing assistance online or at a VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) site! You may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Child Tax Credit (CTC), which are federal tax credits that can put money back in your pocket. The California EITC (CalEITC) and Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC) are state tax credits that can give you even more money back. Other tax credits are available too. Our trusted tax preparers will check if you qualify for these credits on your tax return!
What is the Earned Income Tax Credit?
The federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) are refundable cashback credits for low-to-moderate-income working families and individuals. EITC can help you lower the taxes you owe or increase your refund. More money back in your pocket means funds for:
- Rent, utilities, gas, and groceries
- Auto and home repairs
- Health care
- School supplies and clothing
- And anything else you want or need
About the Coalition
For over 20 years, United Way has led the San Diego County Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition, offering free tax preparation assistance and education about life-changing tax credits to low-and-moderate-income local families.
The Coalition is made up of almost 40 collaborative partner organizations, and together, these organizations implement critical and complementary services, including free tax preparation assistance services, technical assistance for self-filing, outreach & education, and capacity building support that help low-and-moderate-income families maximize their refund via the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and other credits.
San Diego County EITC Coalition Partners:
- 2-1-1 SAN DIEGO
- AARP (INFORMAL PARTNER)
- ACCESS INC.
- ALLIANCE FOR AFRICAN ASSISTANCE
- BUILDING SKILLS PARTNERSHIP
- CASA FAMILIAR
- CHICANO FEDERATION
- CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATES
- COUNCIL OF PHILIPPINE-AMERICAN ORGANIZATIONS
- COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
- DREAMS FOR CHANGE
- GLOBAL COMMUNITIES
- HOME START, INC
- INTERFAITH COMMUNITY SERVICES
- INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE
- IRS, STAKEHOLDER PARTNERSHIPS, EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION
- IRS, TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE
- JEWISH FAMILY SERVICE OF SAN DIEGO
- JUST IN TIME FOR FOSTER YOUTH
- LEGAL AID SOCIETY OF SAN DIEGO
- LOGAN HEIGHTS CDC
- MAAC PROJECT
- MEXICAN CONSULATE
- MIRA COSTA COLLEGE
- NORTH COUNTY LIFELINE
- SAN DIEGO CITY COLLEGE
- SAN DIEGO COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
- SAN DIEGO FOUNDATION
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY LIBRARY
- SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
- SOMALI FAMILY SERVICES
- SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE
- UNITED WAY OF SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- UNITED WOMEN OF EAST AFRICA
- VISTA COMMUNITY CLINIC